Liverpool
Liverpool transfer news as Ibrahima Konate and Rodrygo swap ‘agreed’ amid striker contact

Liverpool transfer news as reports in Spain suggest Ibrahima Konate and Rodrygo could be involved in a sensational swap, while the Reds are said to have been contacted by a striker’s
Ibrahima Konate has been linked with a move to Real Madrid as his contract at Liverpool runs down
After an emotional day for all involved at Liverpool, the Reds’ pre-season preparations are now well underway as they plan for next season’s title defense.
Tributes were paid to Diogo Jota and Andre Silva throughout Sunday’s friendly with Preston, with Darwin Nunez and Cody Gakpo replicating their former teammate’s iconic celebrations during the 3-1 win as fans sang Jota’s name throughout, leading to some incredible scenes at full-time between the supporters and players.
Having taken that difficult first step after what has been a painful couple of weeks for the club, Liverpool will now be looking ahead to the rest of the summer, with a tour to Asia next up for Arne Slot and his men. Not only that, but sporting director Richard Hughes may be looking at securing some more new signings, with plenty of big names still being linked.
Here is the Liverpool.com verdict on the transfer gossip to emerge around the Reds today.
Ibrahima Konate (Liverpool to Real Madrid)
Reports in Spain are suggesting that Liverpool has agreed a sensational swap deal with Real Madrid, which could see Ibrahima Konate and Rodrygo moving in opposite directions.
Konate is being linked with a move to the Bernabeu, while Rodrygo looks as though he could leave Madrid amid suggestions Xabi Alonso is open to him moving on. Defensa Central claims the two players could now make the switch as part of the same deal.
It’s said that the Reds are willing to offer Konate to Real in exchange for Rodrygo, with an extra $41 million thrown in as part of the deal. While it is described as “tempting” for Madrid, the Spanish giant is said to want more money for their Brazilian, who is valued at around $117M.
This article contains affiliate links, we will receive a commission on any sales we generate from it. Learn more
Fanatics Official Sports Apparel — Liverpool
Fanatics Official Sports Apparel — Liverpool
Show your support for Liverpool with apparel from Fanatics. The digital sports platform has this Liverpool Nike 2024/25 Home Custom Replica Jersey, a Mohamed Salah Liverpool Nike 2024/25 Third Replica Jersey, and more merchandise for Liverpool
Liverpool.com says: This just isn’t happening, is it? As good as Rodrygo is, it would be crazy for Liverpool to offload one of its senior defenders for another forward, leaving it with just Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez with a month to go until the start of the Premier League season.
In any case, Konate plus $41M for a player Liverpool doesn’t even really need is just bad business. There is absolutely no way FSG would go in for something like that.
Benjamin Sesko (RB Leipzig)
Benjamin Sesko’s camp has made contact with Liverpool and three other Premier League clubs, according to TBR Football.
It’s claimed that the RB Leipzig striker’s representatives have touched base with the Reds, as well as Chelsea, Manchester United and Newcastle to keep all four clubs updated on his situation.
Sesko had been linked with a move to Arsenal, although with the Gunners now looking to be closing in on Viktor Gyokeres, it seems he might be hoping to still secure a move to the Premier League, although staying put at Leipzig hasn’t been ruled out either.
Liverpool.com says: It feels like there will be an almighty scramble for strikers during the rest of the transfer window, especially with so many big names being linked with moves.
In an ideal world, Liverpool would get a new No. 9 this summer, although it’s important the Reds don’t just rush in for whoever’s available – especially if there is a chance to secure Alexander Isak at some point in the future.
-
Manchester United5 months ago
Manchester United fired off more than 22 attempts trying to find the net against Nottingham Forest, with one player squandering around six clear opportunities without scoring. Ruben Amorim was visibly frustrated, publicly calling out a Manchester United star for failing to convert even once, despite facing an unguarded goal on multiple occasions.
-
Manchester United5 months ago
BREAKING NEWS: “Isak Has Agreed to Join Man United… BUT Only If They Allow That Guy to Join Us!” – Eddie Howe’s Shocking Transfer Demand Stuns Fans.
-
Liverpool5 months ago
LFC TRANSFER UPDATES LIVE Liverpool open to selling ( 7) players this summer, including £50 million star who Arne Slot claimed is ‘important’
-
Real Madrid5 months ago
I have warned Carlo Ancelotti about that particular player, he refused to bench him, He keeps causing problems to the teams, He Almost Denied Real Madrid three points against Real Sociedad after taking the lead in the Copa del Rey Semi Finals “: Former Real Madrid Legend Cristiano Ronaldo names ONE player who doesn’t deserve to start for Real Madrid, warned Ancelotti about the unforgivable mistake
-
Liverpool5 months ago
Real Madrid are discussing a move to appoint former Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp as their new manager if Carlo Ancelotti steps away and takes over Brazil.
-
Premier League5 months ago
Premier League Shock: Manager Sacked Amid Season Struggles”
-
Liverpool5 months ago
Alexander Isak to Liverpool swap deal option emerges as transfer pathway clears
-
Barcelona3 months ago
FIFA officially announces Barcelona will play in the FINAL—and Inter Milan have been KICKED OUT… after referee Szymon Marciniak was ARRESTED in a stunning late-night operation!…